Top 10 Best Dog Strollers Review 2017
It’s bad enough if your dog has a bad leg and can’t walk. Don’t make it worse by locking him or her indoors. These 10 best dog strollers 2017 offer a wide array of unique strollers to keep the fun going.
10 Best Dog Strollers Review 2017
Taking my dog out for an evening stroll is always a pleasant experience. It is like having company I can just pour out my heart to unashamed.
Sometimes, it is the perfect therapy to clear my head after a crammed up week. If you have never tried this, you’re definitely missing out on the full benefits of man’s best friend.
But what if your dog has trouble walking?
This leads us to the main focus of this article- a dog stroller.
This is a review of the 10 best dog strollers of 2017. A dog stroller is much like the baby cart, but made for dogs. Whether your dog has just come out of surgery, or you discover he or she has arthritis, you’d definitely need a dog stroller.
As a dog enthusiast, I have done a lot of research on this subject for quite some time. This review presents the best products out on the market in 2017.
1. Vivo Three-Wheel Pet Stroller
When you talk about fun and comfort built into one simple, yet classy product, this is a good point of reference.
The Vivo three-wheel dog stroller gives high-end comfort for your dog, whether on the go or at a relaxation center.
Built with great care and class, Vivo 3-wheeled stroller also has a large room for a smooth ride with your pet, and creates a cool and pleasant atmosphere for your and your dog or cat.
The wheel also comes with 2 leashes, giving your pet that airy feeling while on the go.
The doors and windows are easy to lock too.
Key Features of Vivo Three-Wheel:
- 3-Wheel Design: A comfortable three-wheel feature that gives room for easy push. This design is also perfect for when you need to make a lateral, crab-like movement. For that time when you need to make a quick turn, this can come really handy.
- Easily Foldable: All it takes is a quick pull and fold technique. This is one feature that guarantees your comfort and convenience. It means it is easy to store and also transport from one place to another. It is collapsible to enable you put it in your car while driving to a far distant park, and makes it easy to store immediately after use.
- Extra Storage Compartments: The stroller comes with a spacious under basket for extra storage while on the go. You can store your dog food, toys, drinks, blankets, or whatever it is you’d need on the trip. This saves you lots of stress as you do not need to get another bag, which would mean extra cost and extra load.
- Great Park-Mode Locks: You know how easy it is for a stroller to just keep rolling on a slope if you stop on any. It is for this reason that this pet stroller comes with locks on the two back wheels to enable for easy parking. This ensures your stroller and your dog stays put when you need them to.
- Adequate Air Flow: The dog strollers is built with a mixture of great fabrics, including a wide air-flow mesh for free flow of air. Apart from ensuring that your dog or cat can get enough air, it also gives them a very clear view of the surrounding. This reduces anxiety that would otherwise grip a dog locked in a stroller without a see-through material.
- Well-Padded Interior: Your dog also deserves a good home away from home. Maybe not exactly the kind of space to run around in, but surely enough to allow some movement. It has a spacious and padded interior that gives great comfort to your pet at all times. This also provides great cushioning for him or her when you hit a bump.
- Great height and comfortability.
- Looks amazing and comes with great quality.
- Great and awesome front view for pets to view their surrounding.
- Great lock for proper security of pets.
- Four wheels usually provide more stability.
2. Pet Gear No-Zip Double Pet Stroller
Have you ever considered giving your pet the best treat? With the Pet gear stroller, it reduces stress for your dog by giving them that comfort they desire when you are jogging or just taking a walk with them.
Pet gear no-zip double pet stroller comes with a padded wide inner space, enough to contain two or three of your lovely pets while on the go.
The stroller comes with a no-zip feature that enables locking, and an added latch for comfort and convenience. This gives you easy access to your pet with less stress. It also ensures you can take a seat at some point during your walk.
- Easy-Lock Latch: The extra latch contained in this stroller comes with a new easy lock mechanism. All it takes is less than 5 seconds. You can park, and get your doggy hooked up in no time.
- Great Interior Padding: Just like the Vivo 3-wheel stroller and most other quality strollers out there, the comfort of your pet is key. The interior of Pet Gear No-Zip Double Pet Stroller is well padded with soft, yet durable material for your dog’s comfort and safety.
- Can Take 2 Pets: Whether it’s two dogs, two cats, or a dog and a cat (they have to be really friendly though), you don’t have to get two strollers when you have this product. You also shouldn’t leave any pet back at home. This stroller is large enough to contain two pets at a go.
- Storage Compartment: This also features an under storage compartment so you can store your gears and every other item you’d need for your trip. This means you don’t have to stock up the main internal space with items that could cause great discomfort for your dog.
- Foldable Design: This collapsible feature tends to make things a whole lot easier for you. It ensures way better storage efficiency and transport. No stress, no worries.
- Wide View Area: The Stroller has a very wide view section for easy access to air. This part also ensures you can easily monitor your dog. A sick dog, especially needs timely monitoring. You just have to be sure he or she is not doing anything silly.
- Air Tyres: 12-inch release air tyres are easily inflatable and deflatable. The essence of this and not the rubber or plastic is for great road balance and feel. It also comes with air pumps so you don’t have to spend cash on another device.
- Interior Size: The stroller also has enough space for your dog. The interior dimensions include 27”L x 20”W x 23”H.
- Adjustable Interior Straps: For enhanced safety, the stroller s designed with included straps to secure pets in the carriage. They are equally adjustable so you can also adjust it to give your dog the right position he or she desires.
- It is very spacious.
- The stroller is also very lightweight for easy push.
- It is easy to fold and unfold despite its size.
- It is also easy to steer while jogging or strolling.
- It is made of very strong, solid wheels.
- Brakes work only on the back wheels.
- Big stroller so you must have enough storage space after its collapsed or when you purchase it.
3. All Terrain Extra Wide 3-Wheel Pet Dog/Cat Stroller
This comes with the unique feature to give your pet that extra comfort no matter the weather condition.
Our utmost aim is to ensure that your pet is comfortable. This is why the All Terrain 3-wheel stroller comes with a full rain cover.
Also, it has a wide interior capacity to contain your pet. With its inner pad, you can be sure of a pleasurable ride for your Pet, a sweet satisfaction and stress free relaxation.
It also has a strong handle that makes room for easy access to push your dog while jogging or strolling.
Features on dog and cat stroller:
- Easy-Fold Feature: The makers of this one had your convenience in mind. The stroller is very easy to fold and takes very little time. Both setting up and folding only takes a few seconds.
- Dual-Entry Points: This unique design gives this stroller a unique advantage. With a front and rear opening for entry and exit, nothing else can be more convenient.
- Under Storage: The stroller is designed with an under storage basket that can be used to store your dog’s basic needs and other personal items. It is not just about the provision but its cost-saving advantage.
- Protective Top Cover: Also included is a cover at the top of the stroller which shields your dog from heavy rainpour or hot sun. This protects your dog from harsh weather conditions which can cause health problems for your pet and just make the entire trip go awry.
- See-through Mesh Fabric: The stroller comes with a mesh in front for your pet security, air penetration and easy view when accessing the state of your pet.
- Dimensional Properties: It has a combined measurement of 24”L x 14”W x 11”H. This makes it large enough for most kinds of dogs.
- Lock Zipper: It has a zipper to lock it easily and firmly. This will not just prevent your dog from jumping out, it can keep pet thieves away.
- Great Accessories: The stroller also comes with beautiful accessories such as the cup holder, a basket and a canopy. These accessories have been to just make our lives easier.
- It is extremely easy to assemble.
- It has a great storage space.
- Very easy to maneuver due to its lightweight.
- It comes with a product manual for easy assembly.
- Very firm while off the road.
- It is budget-friendly.
- Small pets will be more comfortable using this stroller because of their weight on the stroller.
- Not flat enough when collapsed.
4. Pet Gear Happy Trails No Zip Pet Stroller
When it comes to quality Pet Gear is an industry leader. They do not simply take pride in designing strong, efficient strollers, but are focused on your comfort as well.
This gives room for comfort that reduces stress for your pet. The stroller comes with a no-zip feature that creates room for an easy closing latch. This product can also be easily assembled by anyone using the manual guide provided.
The panoramic view window allows your pet to feel safe and secure every single time you go out strolling, jogging or shopping.
Besides, you’re sure not to miss anything in sight. It is recommended for animal use only.
It is easy to maneuver, easy to open and close, and it also comes with a great height.
- Panoramic View: The stroller affords you the rare advantage of an unobstructed panoramic view at eye-level. It means you can easily monitor everything that happens within.
- Secure Snap: This stroller comes with a snap that closes securely. This gives you great confidence as you have nothing to fear when you go out strolling with your pet.
- Storage Compartment: You can always store your trip gears here with ease. It is a great storage compartment That keeps your things safe.
- Protective Shield: Just because you can’t exactly tell at what time of the day the weather is going to get bad, you should get this stroller. It also shields your dog from UV rays of the sun.
- Air Tyre: The stroller uses an Air ride Tyre. Great for roads and walk paths.
Other features include;
- Easy locking latch inside of zipper.
- Interior pad for great comfort.
- Smooth rides and easy turns.
- Spacious compartment for large dogs.
- It’s lightweight.
- It is also very easy to view the activity of your pet from looking into the top and back.
- Easy access to the basket underneath.
- Comes in beautiful colours and designs.
- Swift assembly, in little or no time.
- Easy to push and maneuver at a times.
- Glides and folds up easily.
- No zipper in the design of this stroller.
5. OxGord 3-Wheel Pet Stroller Cat/Dog
The OxGord 3-Wheel pet stroller comes in different colors to enable you choose the color and style you desire.
It provides a color matching cushion mat to help your dog stay and feel comfortable when on a bumpy road.
Also provided are cup holders for your drink or that of your dog. The stroller has a unique feature of a detachable mesh that enables easy interaction and monitoring of pets while shopping, strolling or jogging.
It is designed with a great height for easy push on the go, with underneath basket that helps in the storage of items. This stroller is safe and comfortable to use for you and your pet.
You may never know how amazing it is until you take your pet for a walk using our OxGood 3-Wheel stroller.
- Mesh Screen: It features Mesh screen windows that are transparent for clear view. However, they help to protect your dog from the penetration of bugs and other harmful insects.
- Removable Mesh Screen: The mesh screen included in this product is Removable. This allows for easy access and great view for your dog.
- Easy Assembly: The stroller is very easy to assemble. This further enhances your ease and convenience.
- Foldable Design: The stroller is designed to be easily collapsible for storage. This makes it very easy for you to move around with it.
- Great Height: The height is ergonomically suited for a comfortable push. It is also very easy maneuver.
- Comes in different colors to suit different needs.
- Built with great height.
- It is one of the most budget friendly amongst similar brands.
- It can be collapsed at any time to give room for easy storage.
- Great handle for easy rides on the go.
- Great wheels that make it easy to maneuver.
- It is not water resistant.
6. Vivo Four-Wheel Pet Stroller
For those who are very particular About sufficient space in their pet strollers, here you have it.
The Vivo four wheel pet stroller not only come with easy access zipper points, but has lots of windows for easy air flow.
It has a sturdy four-wheel feature for smooth rolling, and comes in great quality.
This stroller is easy to push while strolling or jogging.
It also comes with a large under compartment that allows you to store pet supplies like water, food and treats.
It is very easy to handle because of its great wheel. It is made with great style, durability and class.
- Large Size: Because of its size, it is capable of holding pets weighing 30 lbs. This is about the weight o a full-grown dog.
- Air Openings: It includes lots of windows and an easy zipper access point. This allows for proper cross ventilation.
- Added Accessories: The stroller features some important accessories such as a cup holder and lower storage that makes it a whole lot convenient for use while on the go.
- Large Wheels: Due to its large wheels, it is very easy for you to steer.
- Variant Colors: The stroller can be found in different exciting colors from which you can choose from.
- Perfect Height: The height of this stroller fits the ergonomy of the human body. It allows for convenient and easy push and maneuver.
- It is very secure with great material leaving nothing for you to worry about.
- Comes in beautiful colors.
- It also comes with a great height that enables pushing easy while strolling or shopping.
- Easy set up and collapse for storage.
- Lots of vents which tend to keep the pets more comfortable.
- Several zippers for multiple options of where to access your pet.
- Great price for its superior quality.
- Might not have the kind of movement flexibility a 3-wheeler has.
7. HPZ Pet Rover Premium Heavy Duty Dog/Cat/Pet Stroller
As the name implies, this is a heavy duty Pet stroller, suitable for dogs, cats and other pets. It can hold weight up to 75 lbs.
It comes with a unique convertible, zipperless design that offers great flexibility all through your time out with your dog strollers.
HPZ Rover Premium Heavy Duty Dog Stroller is a product focused on quality and convenience. It is also very durable and can withstand tough situations, weather and terrain.
One major advantage of this stroller is the quality of the mesh.
It is not only made of high-density Oxford 1600D material. It is also UV-reflective, which helps to protect your dog from the rays of the harsh sun. It is for these reasons and more that it makes my 10 best dog strollers 2017.
- Reversible Handlebars: The handlebar can be reversed forwards or backwards, making it possible to push your dog in any direction, with the dog facing anywhere.
- Rotating Wheels: The wheels are built to rotate in 360 multi-directional angles. This ComfortRide Wheels™ design ensures that you can turn and move in any direction at any time. This enhances the convenience of the stroller, especially for you.
- Quality Mesh Cover: The mesh cover on the HPZ Rover Stroller is not like many others in the market. It is not made of cheap rubber, but a high-density Oxford 1600D material that is UV-resistant and tough.
- Multi-Terrain Rigidity: This product boasts of the ability to work efficiently on any kind of terrain and maintain its stability. It is rugged and possesses sturdy attributes that will help it withstand such tough conditions.
- Convertible Size in Dog Strollers: The fact that it can hold pets of different sizes is a lovely advantage. However, it is even better because the stroller can be adjusted to fit the different sizes of pets you wish to take. It is best if it is a perfect fit, and not too small nor too large.
- It is weather-proof.
- Keeps your dog safe and comfortable.
- Contains several multi-storage compartments.
- Easy to clean removable mats are durable.
- It only takes a few seconds to fold and unfold.
- Zips would probably do better than the cover screws.
8. OxGord Pet Twin Double Stroller Cat/Dog
The Oxgord brand comes with another exciting model in its fleet. One easily-noticeable feature of this stroller is that it has rotational wheels.
This multi-directional design gives it added flexibility to move in all directions as it pleases.
It is made to hold to dogs or cats and is the perfect blend of comfort and durability.
Whether it’s to go shopping or jogging around the neighborhood, this is a good reason to stay out all day.
This one makes this list of 10 best dog strollers 2017 because it protects your pets conveniently and also makes it comfortable for the three of you during outdoor adventures.
- Highly Breathable: The stroller has several openings (windows) that make it very breathable. This makes it very comfortable for your dog as he or she can breath well and have the right ventilation within.
- Twin Carriage: The stroller features two bed spaces to fit two dogs or cats. This is a plus as you do not need to have two different strollers for two pets. That’s more cost and extra luggage.
- Extra Storage: A large undercarriage is attached to this product for everything you need to take with you.
- Sufficient Room: Despite having two separate interiors, there is sufficient room to comfortably hold your pets and keep them snugged up as well.
- Lightweight: The materials, including the steel, used in building this stroller are lightweight, yet very durable- enough to hold up to 55 lbs.
- Foldable and easy to carry around.
- Saves the stress of having two strollers.
- Large undercarriage can conveniently hold your gears, accessories and other items.
- It is durable.
- Also very roomy.
- There’ve been some complaints about the zipper coming off.
9. Pet Gear No-Zip Special Edition Pet Stroller
This zipperless, easy-to-lock dog stroller is a special edition that comes with an amazing open/close air option depending on the time of the day or season of the year.
Break out of the mundane in-house routine and discover what nature has in store for you. Life can be much more better for your dog if you know how to spend quality time together.
Pet Gear No-Zip Pet Stroller comes in a unique design that offers you much more for every penny spent.
Features on Dog Strollers:
- Safety Brakes: This is key if you need to stop for a while. Rear brakes and front absorbers are added here for safety and convenience.
- No-Zip Entry/Exit: This stroller is also zipperless and very easy to put in or take out your pet.
- Water-Proof Material: The material used in building this stroller is a 600 denier waterproof fabric. This is added safety for your dog.
- Perfect Height: It is about 40-inches tall at the handle level, making it suitable for you to push without having to bend.
- Easy Lock: It doesn’t include a zipper, but comes with an easy-locking latch that keeps your dog intact.
- Swivelling front wheels.
- Can carry pets up to 45 pounds.
- Includes an interior pad for comfort.
- Air tyres for added stability.
- Durable materials.
- The interior can be a little wider.
10. Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller, Zipperless Entry
This zipperless entry stroller is another amazing product from Pet Gear.
The most amazing thing about the product is that it was made by combining all the great features of previous models.
With no difficult zippers to fumble with, quick and easy access is guaranteed.
Whether you’re just taking a walk or jogging, this is simply the right stroller for you.
Features on Dog Strollers:
- Weather Cover: It includes a weather cover to protect your dog against harsh climate.
- Bolster Pad Included: This ensures great comfort for your pet as he or she can lay on a cushioned surface.
- Panoramic View Window: With this stroller, you can always keep your eyes on your dog every step of the way.
- 12 Air Ride Tyres: Air ride tyres are usually preferred because they give added stability regardless of terrain.
- Easy-Lock Feature: You can lock without struggling with any zipper, making it quicker and easier.
- Better pet protection.
- Enhanced comfort.
- Easy and convenient to use.
- Undercarriage for extra storage.
- Easy lock system.
- Better quality wheels would do great on this one.
Benefits of Pet/Dog Strollers
I remember when it used to be weird to have a dog stroller. A lot of people simply thought it was absurd to push a dog around in a stroller. Today, dog strollers have become even more popular because of its benefits. They can also be used for cats, especially those not specifically designed for dogs. Apart from the fact that it is easier to push a stroller than have to get entangled by a leash or use a carrier, other benefits include;
There are certain events you love to take your dog to, but they might just go missing in the crowd. Besides, dogs can get really nervous when they’re too many people around. A dog stroller makes it easy for you. I don’t expect you to carry your dog on your arms during such times. Big dogs are quite heavy, and I’m not sure they’d prefer that to being in a stroller. Dog strollers reduce this stress in a big way.
What about the stress long walks can have on your dog’s legs. If your dog is quite old or suffers from joint pains, he or she will find it difficult engaging in long walks. A dog stroller is the best option here. It will save you both a lot of stress and ensure you enjoy each other’s company without any hassles.
Another important and undeniable benefit of a pet/dog stroller is convenience. The best dog strollers include storage pouches in and around the stroller (not that I’ve seen any that doesn’t). These pouches can serve as good storage for some of the things you need to take along with you for the walk. Whether it’s properly sealed water or dog food, strollers have got them covered.
Also, the internal space usually contain more than enough space for some other items. I’ll advise you don’t keep anything that will make your dog uncomfortable in there. However, a mattress, properly folded can be laid on the stroller bed before you put your dog in. This saves space and eliminates the need for an extra bag.
Perfect for Sick Dogs:
A Pet/dog stroller is the most convenient way to go out with your sick pet. It ensures that your dog can still go out for some air with you and not risk any further injury. For your recuperating dog, a pet stroller offers the best form of movement for when you need to go see the veterinarian. It is convenient both for you and your dog. Carrying a sick dog on a carrier is definitely not the most comfortable thing to do.
How to Choose the Best Dog Stroller- Buyer’s Guide
It is not just enough to desire a dog stroller. It would be disastrous to pick the wrong one for you dog. Before I move unto product specifics, let me first explain some of the things that should determine the kind of stroller you should buy.
Size of Dog:
The size of your dog is a great clue as to what size of stroller you should buy. Also, it is important to decide if you want a stroller for more than one dog.
Location of Use:
The kinds of places you intend to use the stroller is another factor to consider. You’d do well to pay attention to the terrain, whether smooth or rough, to know the kind of tyres your dog stroller should have. My 10 best dog strollers of 2017 consists of different kinds of strollers suitable for different environments.
Purpose of Stroller:
This is another major factor that should help you determine the kind of dog stroller you should buy. If you want a fancy stroller to take your dog out for brunch, to work or even to the vet, a simple, low-budget stroller would do. However, if your lifestyle includes sports, hiking, and other outdoor adventures, a more techy product is what you should go for.
My point is; your lifestyle and needs should ultimately determine what kind of stroller you should buy. While this is entirely true, there are certain things you must look out for in the product you intend to buy. While I have touched on some important factors, others may include;
The quality of any product you intend to buy should be a primary concern for you. Some reviewers seem to suggest that budget is the only factor that determines the quality of stroller you can get. I do not entirely disagree. But you should know that the most expensive strollers are not always the best. Even if you’re looking to buy a budget stroller, the quality should be considered. Get a stroller that has the right fabric and materials, as well as other features that you need.
The question you should ask is “how safe will my dog be?” Sometimes, it’s important to assume the worst scenario and picture how well your dog will be protected in the stroller. Check for wheels that have rear locks and how well they designed. You should also consider a harness. Your dog’s harness is very important when you put him or her in a stroller. I also suggest you attach a leash to it and hold the leash. You should also check for zipper strollers that you can simply lock when your dog needs to be isolated.
This is not an issue with the product but your bank account, or perhaps, what you’re willing to spend at that point in time. I always advice people to stay within their budget. I’m sure you always find a good stroller for whatever budget you have.
If you’re looking to find the right outdoor haven and ride for your dog, you might want to try out any of these products. This review contains the 10 best dog strollers 2017 that you can find on the market. Depending on your preference, any of these products would give you real value for your money.